Hi Ihor, I’ve just read through your description, and this sounds very promising! Many thanks for going to the effort of tracking down this performance issue and /actually making a patch to address it/. As someone who tangles massive literate config this sounds like it could make quite a noticeable improvement. To test this, do I need to do anything more than just apply your patch? > I would like to propose adding support of storing headlines in > org-element-cache. > > Currently, org-element-cache only stores elements within individual > sections. Storing headlines in cache would open various possibilities to > improve Org performance: tag inheritance, property inheritance, category > queries, id lookup, refile targets, agenda views, etc could all make use > of cache. > > I am not proposing a mere idea, but have an actual working (WIP) code > in: . Also, I am attaching a reference > patch for org-element.el (the actual branch contains more changes). All the best, Timothy p.s. I’m marking this as a patch on the tracker, since it is one :P