Hi Eric, > However, I am finding the result not very pleasing unfortunately. > Specifically, I am not happy with the use of other pre-existing faces > (shadow and org-meta-line) for this purpose. These other faces have > their specific uses and the resulting combination for inline src blocks, > for me, is ugly. I do not wish to modify those faces for this use case > as it will affect their use everywhere else. Yep, I’ve been quite open to the prospect of adding faces, just not entirely sure how much / what I should do. Since I didn’t want that block this feature we’ve currently got the one-face version. The various elements that could have a face are: ⁃ the src_ prefix ⁃ the lang component ⁃ headers ⁃ the square brackets delimiting the headers / curly brackets delimiting the content ⁃ the content ⁃ the whole block (this is what currently has a dedicated face) Let me know what your thoughts are. All the best, Timothy