* citation biblatex fullcite
@ 2022-05-11  3:19 Andreas Leha
From: Andreas Leha @ 2022-05-11  3:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hi all,

how can I use the (rather) new citation engine with the biblatex backend
to export to \fullcite ?

The use-case:
When creating (beamer) presentations I prefer to have the full citation
on the slide rather than an abbreviation.

Thanks in advance!

Best,
Andreas

* Re: citation biblatex fullcite
@ 2022-05-11  8:57 ` Dominik Schrempf
From: Dominik Schrempf @ 2022-05-11  8:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Andreas Leha; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hi Andreas,

thank you for asking this question. I had the same problem, and I think it
should be fixed.

A workaround is described here as part of a lengthy discussion:
https://list.orgmode.org/87r16vtpmp.fsf@gmail.com/

(add-to-list ’org-cite-biblatex-styles ’(“full” nil “fullcite” nil nil))

Then you should be able to use [cite/full:...]

Dominik

@ 2022-05-11  9:10 ` Bruce D'Arcus
From: Bruce D'Arcus @ 2022-05-11  9:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Andreas Leha; +Cc: org-mode-email

On Tue, May 10, 2022, 11:20 PM Andreas Leha
<andreas.leha@med.uni-goettingen.de> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> how can I use the (rather) new citation engine with the biblatex backend
> to export to \fullcite ?

We should add a style for this that maps to biblatex fullcite and
natbib bibentry, and which ultimately would work as well in oc-csl.

But in the meantime, you can create a custom one.

(add-to-list ’org-cite-biblatex-styles ’(“full” nil “fullcite” nil nil))

Bruce

@ 2022-05-11 10:43   ` Andreas Leha
From: Andreas Leha @ 2022-05-11 10:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

"Bruce D'Arcus" <bdarcus@gmail.com> writes:

> On Tue, May 10, 2022, 11:20 PM Andreas Leha
> <andreas.leha@med.uni-goettingen.de> wrote:
>>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> how can I use the (rather) new citation engine with the biblatex backend
>> to export to \fullcite ?
>
> We should add a style for this that maps to biblatex fullcite and
> natbib bibentry, and which ultimately would work as well in oc-csl.
>
> But in the meantime, you can create a custom one.
>
> (add-to-list ’org-cite-biblatex-styles ’(“full” nil “fullcite” nil nil))

Dear Bruce and Dominik,

Thanks for the swift reply!  I seem to be missing something:

Debugger entered--Lisp error: (void-variable org-cite-biblatex-styles)

What am I missing?

Best,
Andreas

@ 2022-05-11 11:55     ` Bruce D'Arcus
From: Bruce D'Arcus @ 2022-05-11 11:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Andreas Leha; +Cc: org-mode-email

On Wed, May 11, 2022 at 6:43 AM Andreas Leha
<andreas.leha@med.uni-goettingen.de> wrote:

> "Bruce D'Arcus" <bdarcus@gmail.com> writes:
>
> > On Tue, May 10, 2022, 11:20 PM Andreas Leha
> > <andreas.leha@med.uni-goettingen.de> wrote:
> >>
> >> Hi all,
> >>
> >> how can I use the (rather) new citation engine with the biblatex backend
> >> to export to \fullcite ?
> >
> > We should add a style for this that maps to biblatex fullcite and
> > natbib bibentry, and which ultimately would work as well in oc-csl.
> >
> > But in the meantime, you can create a custom one.
> >
> > (add-to-list ’org-cite-biblatex-styles ’(“full” nil “fullcite” nil nil))
> >

> Dear Bruce and Dominik,
>
> Thanks for the swift reply!  I seem to be missing something:
>
> Debugger entered--Lisp error: (void-variable org-cite-biblatex-styles)
>
> What am I missing?

That variable was added more recently, after org-cite was merged.

Perhaps you have an older version?

Bruce

* Re: citation biblatex fullcite
@ 2022-05-12  7:58       ` Andreas Leha
From: Andreas Leha @ 2022-05-12  7:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Dear Bruce,

"Bruce D'Arcus" <bdarcus@gmail.com> writes:

> On Wed, May 11, 2022 at 6:43 AM Andreas Leha
> <andreas.leha@med.uni-goettingen.de> wrote:
>>
>> "Bruce D'Arcus" <bdarcus@gmail.com> writes:

>> > We should add a style for this that maps to biblatex fullcite and
>> > natbib bibentry, and which ultimately would work as well in oc-csl.
>> >
>> > But in the meantime, you can create a custom one.
>> >
>> > (add-to-list ’org-cite-biblatex-styles ’(“full” nil “fullcite” nil nil))
>> >

>> Dear Bruce and Dominik,
>>
>> Thanks for the swift reply!  I seem to be missing something:
>>
>> Debugger entered--Lisp error: (void-variable org-cite-biblatex-styles)
>>
>> What am I missing?
>
> That variable was added more recently, after org-cite was merged.
>
> Perhaps you have an older version?

Thanks.  Well, time to update I guess.  But that'll have to wait until
my current lecture is over.  Never change a running system....

Best,
Andreas