Tor Kringeland writes: > In Org 9.5, `org-cycle-hook' includes `org-cycle-hide-drawers', which > hides the drawer after opening the contents of a headline with > `org-cycle'. However, if you removed `org-cycle-hide-drawers' from the > hook, `org-cycle' would show you the drawers (at least the PROPERTIES > one). I relied on this behavior, as I wanted the drawers to be shown > when I opened a headline. I assume that you have org-startup-folded set to 't. Then, what you are seeing is caused by org-cycle-set-startup-visibility that folds all the drawers unless org-startup-folded is set to 'showeverything. Previously, the folded drawers (or folded anything) inside folded headline would be automatically unfolded when you unfold the headline. Now, the folding state is independent and we don't need to re-fold the drawers upon unfolding the headline. > Maybe a function `org-cycle-show-drawers' could be added? Implicitly it > seems like `org-cycle' previously did contain this functionality. > Adding such a function to `org-cycle-hook' would solve my problem. A more efficient way could be introducing a new customization similar to org-cycle-hide-block-startup. Say, it can be org-cycle-hide-drawer-startup. See the attached patch. Best, Ihor