* Agenda 'Org view' (org-projection?)
@ 2022-09-06 12:25 Eduardo Suarez
From: Eduardo Suarez @ 2022-09-06 12:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Based on my previous mail "Manual Ordering and Dynamic Priority" I would like
also to comment about this related idea.

In Agenda, it is possible to generate different views. I wonder whether it
would be possible to generate an "org mode" view. That is, a buffer in org-mode
format with all the tasks from our agenda query (no really a sparse tree view).
Then that file could be edited and reordered to create a planning. If the file
could also sync with new queries that would be great. I think of that maybe as
a package called 'org-projection' (project org into org).

With such feature, I could have a general org file e.g. for a working project,
and then a planning (projected) file in association with it. I would add the
latter to the Agenda files.

I can't do lisp development and have no idea if that makes sense, but I just
wanted to share this idea with you.

* Re: Agenda 'Org view' (org-projection?)
@ 2022-09-06 14:21 ` Juan Manuel Macías
From: Juan Manuel Macías @ 2022-09-06 14:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Eduardo Suarez; +Cc: orgmode

Hi, Eduardo:

Eduardo Suarez writes:

> Based on my previous mail "Manual Ordering and Dynamic Priority" I would like
> also to comment about this related idea.
>
> In Agenda, it is possible to generate different views. I wonder whether it
> would be possible to generate an "org mode" view. That is, a buffer in org-mode
> format with all the tasks from our agenda query (no really a sparse tree view).
> Then that file could be edited and reordered to create a planning. If the file
> could also sync with new queries that would be great. I think of that maybe as
> a package called 'org-projection' (project org into org).
>
> With such feature, I could have a general org file e.g. for a working project,
> and then a planning (projected) file in association with it. I would add the
> latter to the Agenda files.
>
> I can't do lisp development and have no idea if that makes sense, but I just
> wanted to share this idea with you.

I think this is not 100% related to what you're proposing, but if it
helps, I use the excellent org-super-agenda package a lot, which allows
you to sort and compose the agenda view according to many parameters:
tags, priorities, properties, etc:

https://github.com/alphapapa/org-super-agenda

Best regards,

Juan Manuel

Juan Manuel Macías

https://juanmanuelmacias.com

https://lunotipia.juanmanuelmacias.com

https://gnutas.juanmanuelmacias.com

* Re: Agenda 'Org view' (org-projection?)
@ 2022-09-07  4:51 ` Ihor Radchenko
From: Ihor Radchenko @ 2022-09-07  4:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Eduardo Suarez; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Eduardo Suarez <esuarez@itccanarias.org> writes:

> In Agenda, it is possible to generate different views. I wonder whether it
> would be possible to generate an "org mode" view. That is, a buffer in org-mode
> format with all the tasks from our agenda query (no really a sparse tree view).
> Then that file could be edited and reordered to create a planning. If the file
> could also sync with new queries that would be great. I think of that maybe as
> a package called 'org-projection' (project org into org).

Not exactly what you are asking for, but there is
org-agenda-entry-text-mode (bound to E in agenda).

You can also re-order tasks in agenda.

Finally, there is https://github.com/alphapapa/org-quick-peek

As for your specific request, there is
https://github.com/nobiot/org-transclusion, though it does not really
support creating dynamic buffers. However, I do not see why
org-transclusion cannot do it - most of the features are already in
place. You may consider opening a feature request in org-transclusion
GitHub repo.

--
Ihor Radchenko,
Org mode contributor,