* yanking into body text ends up after the entry
@ 2022-04-01  6:21 Samuel Wales
From: Samuel Wales @ 2022-04-01  6:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

imagine this

***** to yank
***** x
^sadfsadf
^^******* y

if i kill the to yank entry, then paste at ^,it ends up at ^^ instead.
this is logical in that to yank would swallow the body text, but i am
wondering when this behavior started.

when i kill to yank as a shortcut for moving its body text, my
intention is to kill the header afterward. and so the behavior, is
surprising.  idk a command for "kill header and copy body".

if that makes any sense.

* Re: yanking into body text ends up after the entry
@ 2022-10-16  8:17 ` Ihor Radchenko
From: Ihor Radchenko @ 2022-10-16  8:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Samuel Wales; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

> imagine this
>
> ***** to yank
> ***** x
> ^sadfsadf
> ^^******* y
>
> if i kill the to yank entry, then paste at ^,it ends up at ^^ instead.
> this is logical in that to yank would swallow the body text, but i am
> wondering when this behavior started.

I am unable to reproduce.

--
Ihor Radchenko // yantar92,
Org mode contributor,

* Re: yanking into body text ends up after the entry
@ 2022-10-26  4:26   ` Samuel Wales
From: Samuel Wales @ 2022-10-26  4:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ihor Radchenko; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

thank you for trying to repro.  i will tolerat the bug until in the
future my setup is more compatible for reporting this bug or it
disappears.

--
The Kafka Pandemic

https://thekafkapandemic.blogspot.com