On Fri, May 12 2023, Leo Butler wrote: > Hello, > > I am using ob-C.el to work with a c++ library (capd::dynsys). The > current behaviour creates a temporary src and bin file in > `org-babel-temporary-directory'. There is currently no option to have > these files named and put somewhere else. > > This behaviour is not quite right, in my opinion. I would like to be > able to compile an executable and then be able to call this same > executable without needing to recompile from source. > > Attached is a patch that uses the :file header to allow the naming of > the source and compiled binary files. > > A test is included, too. All tests pass with this patch applied to HEAD > (except the expected failures, of course). > > Comments? > > Leo > > ps: It might be better to use a custom header for this purpose, > something like :bin-file. I am open to suggestions. Replying to myself: it makes more sense to introduce a special-purpose header argument for this special purpose, than to use :file with a different meaning. Revised patch attached. Leo