[சனி செப்டம்பர் 23, 2023] Visuwesh wrote: >>> +(defun org--image-yank-media-handler (mimetype data) >>> + "Save image DATA of mime-type MIMETYPE and insert link at point. >>> +It is saved as per `org-media-image-save-type'. The name for the >>> +image is prompted and the extension is automatically added to the >>> +end." >>> + (let* ((ext (symbol-name (mailcap-mime-type-to-extension mimetype))) >>> + (iname (read-string "Insert filename for image: ")) >> >> It would be nice if we auto-generate the file name here by default. It >> is what I would expect from yanking an image at least. > > Hmm, I think I prefer having a descriptive name for the file. It would > aid in searching for the attachment later (in the org document, and > using find & friends). We can add a user option but how should the name > be auto-generated? Timestamp? I have no ideas in this regard. Attached patch considers your review and also another defcustom to tell how to generate the filename which by default autogenerates a filename based on current time.