On 2023-09-28, Jude DaShiell wrote: > espeak-ng likes to have speechdispatcher on a system Does this improve the quality of the generated speech? > and festival likes to have language-specific voices on it to use. Indeed. Which one(s) do you recommend? I tried voice_cmu_us_slt_arctic_hts and the mbrola us voices. > fenrir which you didn't mention runs in user land and has no kernel > dependencies. I briefly tried that but failed. Also, I was under the impression that fenrir does produce speech by itself but relies on some TTS implementation like espeak. Is that wrong? Best wishes Jens