[திங்கள் அக்டோபர் 23, 2023] Ihor Radchenko wrote: >>> Also, we might want to add a subsection describing the new customization to >>> 17 Miscellaneous section of the manual. Otherwise, users might have >>> difficulties discovering relevant settings to customize dnd and yank >>> behavior. >> >> I have now added these to the manual with a few relevant concept >> indices. Please check if they are understandable as I am terrible at >> writing documentation. Thanks. > > Thanks! > Upon reading the manual sections I have further comments on the code: > > 1. org-yank-image-save-type feels a bit inconsistent. What about > org-yank-image-save-method? "Type" sounds more like extension (png, > jpeg, etc) You're right, I have now changed the name to say method instead. > 2. org-dnd-method allows either attaching files/images or putting them > into a dedicated directory. Same for yanked images. But it is not the > case for yanked files - they are always attached, which is not > consistent. May we also allow dedicated directory for yanked files? > Or maybe simply merge the org-dnd-method customization for yank and > dnd together. Hmm... yes, I now made yank-media also respect the value of org-dnd-method. I changed the name of org-dnd-method to org-yank-dnd-method and similarly for the rest of the common user options. Here's the new patch: