* invalid search bound
@ 2007-03-14 23:14 Sean Sieger
From: Sean Sieger @ 2007-03-14 23:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

When I find file 'income', which contains solely a table built in
org-mode, I get

Debugger entered--Lisp error: (error "Invalid search bound (wrong side of point)")
  re-search-forward("^\\(?:\\*+\\)" #<marker at 5295 in income> t)
  outline-map-region(#[nil "\b 	X…

* Re: invalid search bound
@ 2007-03-15  7:53 ` Carsten Dominik
From: Carsten Dominik @ 2007-03-15  7:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Sean Sieger; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

On Mar 15, 2007, at 0:14, Sean Sieger wrote:

> When I find file 'income', which contains solely a table built in
> org-mode, I get
>
> Debugger entered--Lisp error: (error "Invalid search bound (wrong side
> of point)")
>   re-search-forward("^\\(?:\\*+\\)" #<marker at 5295 in income> t)
>   outline-map-region(#[nil "\b 	X

I cannot reproduce it like this, so would you please give more
information, in particular the emacs and org version, and an
example file with which this happens?

Thanks

- Carsten

* Re: invalid search bound
@ 2007-03-15  8:33   ` Sean Sieger
From: Sean Sieger @ 2007-03-15  8:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Carsten Dominik <dominik@science.uva.nl> writes:

   I cannot reproduce it like this, so would you please give more
   information, in particular the emacs and org version, and an
   example file with which this happens?

Sorry, Carsten, I had included  the information, Emacs 23.0.0.1 and
Org-mode 4.68 in my original post, but that was lost because it
followed the debugger information that didn't post.

Anyway, I just found a new file, like this

                            -*- org -*-

^ [point]

did

C-x C-s

M-x revert-buffer

and reproduced the error message.

* Re: Re: invalid search bound
@ 2007-03-15  8:47     ` Carsten Dominik
From: Carsten Dominik @ 2007-03-15  8:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Sean Sieger; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

This must be a bug in emacs 23 - I cannot reproduce it under Emacs 21
or 22.
Emacs 23 is very beta at the Moment.....

- Carsten

On Mar 15, 2007, at 9:33, Sean Sieger wrote:

> Carsten Dominik <dominik@science.uva.nl> writes:
>
>    I cannot reproduce it like this, so would you please give more
>    information, in particular the emacs and org version, and an
>    example file with which this happens?
>
> Sorry, Carsten, I had included  the information, Emacs 23.0.0.1 and
> Org-mode 4.68 in my original post, but that was lost because it
> followed the debugger information that didn't post.
>
> Anyway, I just found a new file, like this
>
>                             -*- org -*-
>
> ^ [point]
>
> did
>
> C-x C-s
>
> M-x revert-buffer
>
> and reproduced the error message.

Carsten Dominik
Universiteit van Amsterdam
Kruislaan 403
NL-1098SJ Amsterdam
phone: +31 20 525 7477

* Re: invalid search bound
@ 2007-03-15  8:53       ` Sean Sieger
From: Sean Sieger @ 2007-03-15  8:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Carsten Dominik <dominik@science.uva.nl> writes:

   This must be a bug in emacs 23 - I cannot reproduce it under Emacs 21
   or 22.
   Emacs 23 is very beta at the Moment.....

It produced the same error when I was using Emacs 22 and Org-mod 4.66
and the Org-mode version that preceded that.

* Re: Re: invalid search bound
@ 2007-03-15  9:09         ` Carsten Dominik
From: Carsten Dominik @ 2007-03-15  9:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Sean Sieger; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

In this case, could you please send me a complete trace, the one in your
previous email was broken.

You can attach the traceback to an email directly to be.  Could you
please make it
with uncompiled versions of org.el and outline.el?  Thanks

- Carsten