Carsten Dominik writes: > On Oct 27, 2008, at 10:17 PM, Bill White wrote: >> On Mon Oct 27 2008 at 13:11, "Eric Schulte" >> wrote: >>> It seems like this could get complicated as it depends on how/where >>> you store your sent messages. Also, it looks like org-mode links >>> rely >>> on the gnus group, and article id to link back to an article, so >>> somehow you would need a hook which runs after the sent article has >>> been saved into a group and given an ID. >> >> Ah ha! Something was bugging me about org's links to gnus messages. > > Can Gnus in general find messages by message-id? Then it would be > nice if we could do that. I believe the mhe interface does use > message-id already, maybe others too. > > Maybe some gnus-enables person would like to look into this and create > patches? I have some code that does this in my Gnus configuration. It is only known to work for NNML, however, and I believe it depends on the ID-tracking support used to enable the fancy-split-with-parent feature. It does, however, successfully find messages across groups. The Gnus registry could probably be used to enable similar support for other backends. I will try to get my code sane-ified and pushed to Worg sometime this week. - Michael -- mouse, n: A device for pointing at the xterm in which you want to type. Confused by the strange files? I cryptographically sign my messages. For more information see .