From: Bernt Hansen <bernt@norang.ca>
To: Carsten Dominik <carsten@orgmode.org>
Cc: emacs-orgmode@gnu.org
Subject: Re: Agenda clock report - adding new columns
Date: Thu, 16 Apr 2009 13:02:03 -0400	[thread overview]

(replying to my own post)

Bernt Hansen <bernt@norang.ca> writes:

> I know other people (including you) have limits on the amount of time
> they spend on a task in a day but I haven't really found a good working
> solution for this yet that fits my needs.  For a single task this is
> easy but I'd like to not have to remember the limits for multiple tasks
> -- that's what I use org for ;) to get all these details out of my head.
>
> Is something like this doable?  Does anyone have a better idea for how
> to deal with this?

Maybe I'm over-engineering this... Just putting the limit in the
headline text works for me...

I just added [MAX xxx] and [MIN yyy] to my headline and that'll work.
It's probably not a pretty as a property could be but it's _lots_ less
work to implement :)

| File       | L | Headline                                                                  |   Time |      |      |
| org.org    |   | *File time*                                                               | *0:15* |      |      |
| org.org    | 1 | Documentation                                                             |   0:15 |      |      |
| org.org    | 2 | STARTED Writeup on my use of org-mode                 [MAX 1h]            |        | 0:15 |      |

-Bernt