* LaTeX export bug
@ 2009-07-30  0:51 Dan Griswold
                   ` (2 more replies)
From: Dan Griswold @ 2009-07-30  0:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hi there,

Well, I think this a bug.

Given this org input file:

,----
| * Things
| ** A Heading
|    - some
|    - stuff
|    - in
|    - a
|    - list
| ** Another heading
|    - another
|    - list
`----

then if I select the level one heading (titled "Things") with C-c @, and
export to LaTeX using C-c C-e l, I get this output:

,----
| % Created 2009-07-29 Wed 20:24
| \documentclass[12pt]{article}
| \usepackage[utf8]{inputenc}
| \usepackage[T1]{fontenc}
| \usepackage{graphicx}
| \usepackage{longtable}
| \usepackage{hyperref}
|

| \title{Things}
| \author{Daniel M. Griswold}
| \date{July 29, 2009}
|
| \begin{document}
|
| \maketitle
|
| ** A Heading
| \begin{itemize}
| \item some
| \item stuff
| \item in
| \item a
| \item list
| \end{itemize}
| ** Another heading
| \begin{itemize}
| \item another
| \item list
| \end{itemize}
|
| \end{document}
`----

Note that the top level headings ("A Heading" and "Another Heading") are
not exported as \section, but with the asterisks they have in the org
file:

,----
| ** A Heading
| \begin{itemize}
|
|   ... snip ...
|
| \end{itemize}
| ** Another heading
`----

Exporting the whole file does what it's supposed to do: export the
headlines as \section and \subsection.

Can any of you reproduce this?

Thanks,
Dan

--
--------------
Dan Griswold

* Re: LaTeX export bug
@ 2009-07-30  2:08 ` Bernt Hansen
From: Bernt Hansen @ 2009-07-30  2:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Dan Griswold; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Dan Griswold <dgriswol@rochester.rr.com> writes:

> Note that the top level headings ("A Heading" and "Another Heading") are
> not exported as \section, but with the asterisks they have in the org
> file:
>
> ,----
> | ** A Heading
> | \begin{itemize}
> |
> |   ... snip ...
> |
> | \end{itemize}
> | ** Another heading
> `----
>
> Exporting the whole file does what it's supposed to do: export the
> headlines as \section and \subsection.
>
> Can any of you reproduce this?

Hi Dan,

Yes I can reproduce this too.
Org-mode version 6.28trans
GNU Emacs 22.2.1 (i486-pc-linux-gnu, X toolkit, Xaw3d scroll bars) of
2008-11-09 on raven, modified by Debian

-Bernt

* Re: LaTeX export bug
@ 2009-07-30 11:29   ` Dan Griswold
From: Dan Griswold @ 2009-07-30 11:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Bernt Hansen; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Bernt Hansen <bernt@norang.ca> writes:

> Dan Griswold <dgriswol@rochester.rr.com> writes:
>
>> Note that the top level headings ("A Heading" and "Another Heading")
>> are not exported as \section, but with the asterisks they have in the
>> org file

... snip ...

>> Can any of you reproduce this?
>
> Hi Dan,
>
> Yes I can reproduce this too.

That's good to know. It's not my configuration, then.

Not sure, but I would guess that the problem lies in the function
org-export-as-latex in org-export-latex.el, probably in the section that
begins with the comment "export the content of headlines" (line 498).

But try as I might, I can't entirely grok this, so I don't know how else
to help track down the cause of the bug.

Dan

--
 _______________________________
/\                              \
  |   __________________________|_
   \_/____________________________/

* Re: LaTeX export bug
@ 2009-07-30 23:49 ` Bastien
From: Bastien @ 2009-07-30 23:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Dan Griswold; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Dan Griswold <dgriswol@rochester.rr.com> writes:

> Hi there,
>
> Well, I think this a bug.

I can also reproduce this, I will fix it by sunday.

 Bastien

* Re: LaTeX export bug
@ 2009-07-31 11:32   ` Dan Griswold
From: Dan Griswold @ 2009-07-31 11:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Bastien; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Bastien <bastienguerry@googlemail.com> writes:

> I can also reproduce this, I will fix it by sunday.

Excellent! Thank you!

Dan

--
 _______________________________
/\                              \
  |   __________________________|_
   \_/____________________________/

* Re: LaTeX export bug
@ 2009-08-05 16:19 ` Carsten Dominik
From: Carsten Dominik @ 2009-08-05 16:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Dan Griswold; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hi,

I believe the issue is now fixed, please verify.

- Carsten

* Re: LaTeX export bug
@ 2009-08-06  2:14   ` Dan Griswold
From: Dan Griswold @ 2009-08-06  2:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Carsten Dominik; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

> Hi,
>
> I believe the issue is now fixed, please verify.
>
> - Carsten

It is! Outstanding! Thank you.

Dan