* Display bug: Folding headline at EOF without newline
@ 2009-08-16 21:57 David Maus
From: David Maus @ 2009-08-16 21:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Evening,

While debugging some unexpected behaviour of my Pos1-Key I stumpled
upon somethinkg I consider a display-bug when folding a headline at
the end of a file whose last line of content does not have a new line
in org-mode dev.

Example file:

,----
| * Headline
|
|   Some text...
|
| * Headline
|
|   Some text... lalala
`----

If I fold the last headline the last char of the content (in this
case: "a") is displayed after the three dots indicating a folded
headline (also tested with emacs -Q).

,----
| * Headline
|
|   Some text...
|
| * Headline...a
`----

Org-mode version 6.29trans (pulled some minutes ago)

GNU Emacs 23.1.50.1 (i486-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 2.16.5) of
2009-08-14 on elegiac, modified by Debian

Regards,

  -- David

--
OpenPGP... 0x316F4BE4670716FD
Jabber.... dmjena@jabber.org

* Re: Display bug: Folding headline at EOF without newline
@ 2009-08-18  6:56 ` Carsten Dominik
From: Carsten Dominik @ 2009-08-18  6:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: David Maus; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hi David,

this is a bug in Emacs outline-mode, Org just calls (hide-subtree) here,
and that command causes this problem.

Please report it as an Emacs bug.

Thanks!

- Carsten