* agenda: storing searches _really_
@ 2009-11-04 13:56 Christoph Groth
From: Christoph Groth @ 2009-11-04 13:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

I'm using org 6.29c.  To view all items tagged with :work: in my agenda
I can type

C-c a a          (to view the current agenda)
/ TAB work RET   (to restrict the display)

Now I would like to get the same with typing

C-c a w

but I cannot figure out how to do that.

I've RTFM and tried setting `org-agenda-custom-commands' in various
ways, also using `org-agenda-skip-function', but my solutions either
    keep ignoring inheritance of tags (the skip-function-solution)
or
    do not allow to switch between day and week view like the "C-c a a"
    agenda does.

So, is there a way to make a custom-agenda with the effect of:

C-c a a / TAB work RET

thank you in advance,

Christoph

* Re: agenda: storing searches _really_
@ 2009-11-04 15:19 ` Bernt Hansen
From: Bernt Hansen @ 2009-11-04 15:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Christoph Groth; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Christoph Groth <cwg@falma.de> writes:

> I'm using org 6.29c.  To view all items tagged with :work: in my agenda
> I can type
>
> C-c a a          (to view the current agenda)
> / TAB work RET   (to restrict the display)
>

> Now I would like to get the same with typing
>
> C-c a w
>
> but I cannot figure out how to do that.
>
> I've RTFM and tried setting `org-agenda-custom-commands' in various
> ways, also using `org-agenda-skip-function', but my solutions either

I use fast tag filtering for this in the regular agenda.  I find that
much more flexible than a fixed agenda view for a single tag.

In my setup I would do C-c a a / w to get the result you want (where w
selects the :work: tag).  This means I can filter the regular agenda
from any of my many tags with a single / key selection and I don't have
to defined custom agenda commands for each one.

Each of my interesting tags has a fast selection key defined in
org-tag-alist.

HTH,
-Bernt

* Re: agenda: storing searches _really_
@ 2009-11-25 21:45 ` Christoph Groth
From: Christoph Groth @ 2009-11-25 21:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

I found a solution to my problem:

Christoph Groth <cwg@falma.de> writes:

> I'm using org 6.29c.  To view all items tagged with :work: in my
> agenda I can type
>
> C-c a a          (to view the current agenda)
> / TAB work RET   (to restrict the display)
>

> Now I would like to get the same with typing
>
> C-c a w

(defun my-org-agenda-list-with-filter (filter)
  (org-agenda-list)
  (org-agenda-filter-by-tag-show-all)
  (org-agenda-filter-apply filter))

(setq org-agenda-custom-commands
      '(("w" "Agenda for work"
	 my-org-agenda-list-with-filter ("+work"))))