I am suggesting some changes to org-at-property-p (using org-get-property-block) and making related procedures take advantage of it. * org.el (org-at-property-p): Check if we are inside a property drawer not just any drawer. (org-set-property, org-delete-property): When cursor is on a property key value pair do not prompt for property name instead use name at cursor. (COMMENT: I did not adapt the delete all properties function to use property under cursor directly because maybe you need to think twice before that kind of operation.) (org-ctrl-c-ctrl-c): Still do org-property-action when cursor is on the first line of a property drawer. (org-property-end-re): Spell check. I have set up a git-repository with a branch named 'mfo' with these changes. If you like it please use it in org-mode and try to pull the changes from git://git.abc.se/mfo/git/org-mode branch 'mfo'. I am new to this so I am not sure if it works to pull. I have tried it myself but I am a little confused over the setup with --bare repository, HEADs, branches and all. Therefore I also attach the patch.