Daniel E. Doherty wrote: >All, >In doing a C-c l in a normal .tex file, I get an error, similar to one I >was getting earlier in dired. The dired error is fixed, but I just >noticed today that I get a similar error when trying to store a link >within an buffer for an open file. Attached patch should fix that: The problem was that org-git-link abbreviates the file name and searches for a .git directory not considering that calling `file-name-directory' for the abbreviation of the home directory ("~") returns nil. HTH -- David -- OpenPGP... 0x99ADB83B5A4478E6 Jabber.... dmjena@jabber.org Email..... dmaus@ictsoc.de