Hi Carsten, this little patch fixes an issue Richard brought up. We always used the "w" template as the default for `org-remember' and also used it for `org-capture' for historical reasons. Unfortunately, this breaks, if the user has no "w" template defined. The patch below simply set's the custom variable `org-protocol-default-template-key' to nil, so the interactive template selection is used by default. This works for both, remember an capture. I will adjust the docs, once the patch is applied.