On 27 Mar 2011, Bernt Hansen wrote: > Julian Burgos writes: > >> Dear list, >> >> When asking for an agenda view (C-c a), org mode opens all files in >> the agenda list in individual buffers. I keep lots of files in my >> list (one per project), so having all those buffers open each time I >> visit my agenda is pretty annoying. Is there a way to make org mode >> not open each file in a buffer (or close the buffers after reading the >> file) when asking for an agenda view? >> Thanks, >> >> Julian > > Hi Julian, > > I think 'e' in the agenda is supposed to exit the agenda and close > automatically opened agenda files. It's `x'. But I think Julian meant that the buffers should be closed automatically and not open at least as long as the agenda is shown. For the original issue I think the following would help: #+begin_src emacs-lisp (defun project-agenda (&optional args keys restriction) (interactive) (let ((org-agenda-files '("~/project-file1" "~/project-file2"))) (org-agenda args keys restriction))) #+end_src Or pressing `<' in the prompt buffer, for more see (describe-function 'org-agenda) Michael