* Bug in ODT exporter
@ 2011-07-08 12:22 Rainer Stengele
From: Rainer Stengele @ 2011-07-08 12:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hi!

Having this simple org file

**** DONE [#A] Test
     - [2011-07-08 Fr] test

the export with C-c C-e O stops when starting LibreOffice 3.4.1 with the message:

Read Error.
Format Error in textdocument content.xml at position 288,114 found.

this works:

**** DONE [#A] Test
     - [2011-07-08 Fr] test

Rainer

* Re: Bug in ODT exporter
@ 2011-07-08 13:42 ` Bastien
From: Bastien @ 2011-07-08 13:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Rainer Stengele; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hi Rainer,

Rainer Stengele <rainer.stengele@diplan.de> writes:

> **** DONE [#A] Test
>      - [2011-07-08 Fr] test

Why would you put #+OPTIONS here?

> this works:
>
> **** DONE [#A] Test
>      - [2011-07-08 Fr] test

What is the difference between the 2?

--
 Bastien

* Re: Bug in ODT exporter
@ 2011-07-08 13:53 ` Rainer Stengele
From: Rainer Stengele @ 2011-07-08 13:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: emacs-orgmode

Am 08.07.2011 14:22, schrieb Rainer Stengele:
> Hi!
>
> Having this simple org file
>
> **** DONE [#A] Test
>      - [2011-07-08 Fr] test
>
> the export with C-c C-e O stops when starting LibreOffice 3.4.1 with the message:
>

> Read Error.
> Format Error in textdocument content.xml at position 288,114 found.
>

> this works:
>
> **** DONE [#A] Test
>      - [2011-07-08 Fr] test
>
> Rainer

Sorry for the typo!

it works, if I write

**** DONE [#A] Test
     - [2011-07-08 Fr] test

So if I want to export timestamps the exporter fails.

Rainer

* Re: Bug in ODT exporter
@ 2011-07-08 14:17   ` Bastien
From: Bastien @ 2011-07-08 14:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Rainer Stengele; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hi Rainer,

Rainer Stengele <rainer.stengele@diplan.de> writes:

> **** DONE [#A] Test
>      - [2011-07-08 Fr] test
>

> So if I want to export timestamps the exporter fails.

I confirm -- here is the faulty string:

,----
| <text:p text:style-name="Text_20_body">
|  text:style-name="OrgTimestampWrapper">
|  <text:span text:style-name="OrgTimestamp">2011-07-08 Fr</text:span>
|  </text:span> test
`----

Jambunathan, can you look at this?

PS: LibreOffice gives the location (row,column) of the error.
To speed debugging up, it's a good idea to include the faulty
string.... Thanks!

--
 Bastien

* Re: Bug in ODT exporter
@ 2011-07-08 21:06   ` Jambunathan K
From: Jambunathan K @ 2011-07-08 21:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Rainer Stengele; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Rainer

Thanks for reporting the bug. I have pushed a fix few moments ago. Could
you please try again?

The problem was that timestamps were occuring as list item in the
example you provided which confused the exporter.

If you encounter corruption issue or issues related to formatting of odt
file you can identify the root cause as below:

1. Switch to *.odt buffer (C-x b whatever.odt)
2. Open the content.xml  (Hit RET on content.xml)
3. Do a C-u C-c C-n (M-x rng-first-error)
4. Note the error message as well as the XML stuff at the point of
   error.

Once the error is identified, you can create a minimal org file for
reproducing the bug very easily.

Jambunathan K.

> Am 08.07.2011 14:22, schrieb Rainer Stengele:
>> Hi!
>>
>> Having this simple org file
>>
>> **** DONE [#A] Test
>>      - [2011-07-08 Fr] test
>>
>> the export with C-c C-e O stops when starting LibreOffice 3.4.1 with the message:
>>

>> Read Error.
>> Format Error in textdocument content.xml at position 288,114 found.
>>

>> this works:
>>
>> **** DONE [#A] Test
>>      - [2011-07-08 Fr] test
>>
>> Rainer
>>

> Sorry for the typo!
>
> it works, if I write
>

> **** DONE [#A] Test
>      - [2011-07-08 Fr] test
>

> So if I want to export timestamps the exporter fails.
>
> Rainer

* Re: Bug in ODT exporter
@ 2011-07-09  8:41     ` Bastien
From: Bastien @ 2011-07-09  8:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jambunathan K; +Cc: emacs-orgmode, Rainer Stengele

Hi Jambunathan,

> Thanks for reporting the bug. I have pushed a fix few moments ago. Could
> you please try again?

I tried and it works -- thanks for the fix!

> The problem was that timestamps were occuring as list item in the
> example you provided which confused the exporter.
>
> If you encounter corruption issue or issues related to formatting of odt
> file you can identify the root cause as below:
>
> 1. Switch to *.odt buffer (C-x b whatever.odt)
> 2. Open the content.xml  (Hit RET on content.xml)
> 3. Do a C-u C-c C-n (M-x rng-first-error)
> 4. Note the error message as well as the XML stuff at the point of
>    error.
>
> Once the error is identified, you can create a minimal org file for
> reproducing the bug very easily.

Thanks for the detailed recipe.

Best,

--
 Bastien

* Bug in ODT exporter
@ 2017-02-07 13:10 Dimitri Minaev
From: Dimitri Minaev @ 2017-02-07 13:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hello,

The following minimal text produces a document that cannot be opened
with LibreOffice:

===============================
- list
  - nested list
    | nested table |

The resulting 'content.xml' contains a closing tag </text:list-header>
that has no corresponding opening tag.

Org mode version 9.0.4
GNU Emacs 24.5.1 (x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.18.9) of
2016-04-17 on lgw01-04, modified by Debian

--
With best regards,
Dimitri Minaev