* Unwanted newline after \end[verbatim} in latex
@ 2011-08-14 10:31 Maik Beckmann
From: Maik Beckmann @ 2011-08-14 10:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hello,

Given this example
{{{
#+Title: Test

* Section

This paragraph isn't broken by this
\[
  c^2 = a^2 + b^2
\]
#
equation

This paragraph is broken by this
 : e = m c^2
literal example
}}}

the result is (well, the interesting part of it)
{{{
\section{Section}
\label{sec-1}

This paragraph isn't broken by this
\[
  c^2 = a^2 + b^2
\]
equation

This paragraph is broken by this
\begin{verbatim}
  e = m c^2
\end{verbatim}

literal example

\end{document}
}}}

I get this result with my own configurationand with -q running
trunk emacs (org via elpa, 20110810) and with eamcs-23.3a (org
6.33, I think).

I see that this keeps coming up at the mailing list.  Any hints
where to delete the "/n" in the org-latex.el?

* Re: Unwanted newline after \end[verbatim} in latex
@ 2011-08-14 10:56 ` Maik Beckmann
From: Maik Beckmann @ 2011-08-14 10:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Without any idea what I'm doing, I just searched for verbatim.  The
"\n\n" in org-export-latex-fixed-width
  http://pastebin.com/CzkB4thP
looked suspecious, so I deleted one:
 - (insert "\\end{verbatim}\n\n"))
 # (insert "\\end{verbatim}\n"))

It works like I want it to now, but this seemed too easy, i
wonder what I broke by doing this :P

Best,
Maik

* Re: Unwanted newline after \end[verbatim} in latex
@ 2011-08-14 11:45   ` Maik Beckmann
From: Maik Beckmann @ 2011-08-14 11:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

For the sake of completeness, here a pastebin link that works
 - http://pastebin.com/izaBK6fH

Looks like the former one didn't work because I uploaded it via
pastebin.el and pastebin.com wanted me to enter a captcha, in
time. I missed that because I didn't open it in a browser before
posting it here.

* Re: Unwanted newline after \end[verbatim} in latex
@ 2011-08-14 14:41   ` Bastien
From: Bastien @ 2011-08-14 14:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Maik Beckmann; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hi Maik,

Maik Beckmann <beckmann.maik@googlemail.com> writes:

> Without any idea what I'm doing, I just searched for verbatim.  The
> "\n\n" in org-export-latex-fixed-width
>   http://pastebin.com/CzkB4thP
> looked suspecious, so I deleted one:
>  - (insert "\\end{verbatim}\n\n"))
>  # (insert "\\end{verbatim}\n"))
>
> It works like I want it to now, but this seemed too easy, i
> wonder what I broke by doing this :P

Sometimes things are easy :)

Thanks for the fix, it's in the git repo now.

Best,

--
 Bastien

* Re: Unwanted newline after \end[verbatim} in latex
@ 2011-08-14 16:44     ` Achim Gratz
From: Achim Gratz @ 2011-08-14 16:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Bastien <bzg@altern.org> writes:
> Sometimes things are easy :)

BTW, that was one of these fixes that should probably be applied to
maint and then merged into master.

Regards,
Achim.