Christian Moe writes: > On 11/1/11 8:02 PM, Eric Schulte wrote: >> As for variable handling, I think the solution is to ensure that on the >> code-block side of things, a var string like "foo=3, bar=2, foo=1" >> results in, >> >> foo=1 >> bar=2 >> >> that is, subtree variable definitions will pre-empty earlier definitions >> of the same variable.. > > Yes, that sounds like the way to go. My previous message implied that > the var string should only contain unique variable names, but I see > that that would be needlessly complicated. > > This is an interesting approach; I like it better than the property > block. Me too. > I'm sure we will think of other useful applications for cumulative > properties, too (conversely, there'll probably be some side effect > that will turn around and bite us at some point, though I can't think > what it would be). > Hopefully more of the former and less of the later. Attached is a new patch, which handles subtree inheritance appropriately, resulting in the following behavior.