Hi François, Hi Bastien, At Mon, 09 Jan 2012 07:50:54 -0500, François Pinard wrote: > > Bastien writes: > > > Hi François, please be patient -- your patches are under radar, > > resending them does not help. > > OK, sorry. I do not know enough, yet, how Org works. I sent a problem, > got a question, sent a reply which was rejected, then nothing. A mere > short acknowledgement would have told me the message was not lost. > > > What helps is to send them using git format-patch, to include a > > detailed and clean changelog entry, and to make it clear whether the > > patch is okay or for testing purpose first. When I read your message, > > I could not be sure you were yourself confident it was the right fix. > > I'm still not confident. And I'm not pedant enough -- yet! :-) -- to > write formal patches when I'm not at least rather sure. > > Besides the lack of confidence in a solution, however, the problem is > real. The patch I sent was merely a trail for thinking. But if nothing > else, it would do I presume. > > > I will look into this later on. > > Let me the one thanking you for supporting Org mode and its users, even > those like me! :-) Sorry for my silence, haven't looked into the Orgmode mailing list for a while. I just pushed a fix for this problem: If the :exact-position for a list item is supplied we don't search for the position in an existing list at all but insert the item whereever :exact-position points to. I'll mark the patch in patchwork as superseeded this evening as soon as I recover my password. Best, -- David -- OpenPGP... 0x99ADB83B5A4478E6 Jabber.... dmjena@jabber.org Email..... dmaus@ictsoc.de