* org-mime-htmlize and org-preview-latex-fragment
@ 2012-03-22 22:34 Uwe Brauer
From: Uwe Brauer @ 2012-03-22 22:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hello

I love org-preview-latex-fragment and I would like to use it
for scientific correspondence. There exists a couple of
extensions for Thunderbird which insert latex generated png
into an (html) email.

Now org-mime-htmlize allows me to htmlize a message buffer
but seems not to work with org-preview-latex-fragment
either the png is not exported or I obtain an error message
of the sort:

Unknown conversion type nil for latex fragments.

Is this easy to implement the org-preview-latex-fragment
support for  org-mime-htmlize?

Thanks

Uwe Brauer

* Re: org-mime-htmlize and org-preview-latex-fragment
@ 2012-03-22 22:41 ` Uwe Brauer
From: Uwe Brauer @ 2012-03-22 22:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

>> On Thu, 22 Mar 2012 23:34:08 +0100, Uwe Brauer <oub@mat.ucm.es> wrote:

   > Now org-mime-htmlize allows me to htmlize a message buffer
   > but seems not to work with org-preview-latex-fragment
   > either the png is not exported or I obtain an error message
   > of the sort:

   > Unknown conversion type nil for latex fragments.
I am very confused the code in question contains a line of
the sort:
	 (org-export-with-LaTeX-fragments "dvipng")

Uwe Brauer
So the functionality seems to be implemented?

* Re: org-mime-htmlize and org-preview-latex-fragment
@ 2012-03-26 11:31   ` Eric Schulte
From: Eric Schulte @ 2012-03-26 11:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Uwe Brauer; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Uwe Brauer <oub@mat.ucm.es> writes:

>>> On Thu, 22 Mar 2012 23:34:08 +0100, Uwe Brauer <oub@mat.ucm.es> wrote:
>

>    > Now org-mime-htmlize allows me to htmlize a message buffer
>    > but seems not to work with org-preview-latex-fragment
>    > either the png is not exported or I obtain an error message
>    > of the sort:
>
>    > Unknown conversion type nil for latex fragments.
> I am very confused the code in question contains a line of
> the sort:
> 	 (org-export-with-LaTeX-fragments "dvipng")
>
> Uwe Brauer
> So the functionality seems to be implemented?

This functionality certainly used to work (and was one of my main
reasons for using org-mime-htmlize).  There is a new error in the
`org-export-string' function when `org-export-with-LaTeX-fragments' is
set to "dvipng" which is causing export to fail.  To exercise this bug
run the following elisp snippet.

  (let ((org-export-with-LaTeX-fragments "dvipng"))
    (org-export-string "A fraction $\\frac{1}{2}$." 'html "/tmp/"))

Which throws the following error.

  org-format-latex: Unknown conversion type nil for latex fragments

Once this bug is fixed the use of LaTeX to generated inline images with
Org-mime should work once again.

Best,

--
Eric Schulte
http://cs.unm.edu/~eschulte/

* Re: org-mime-htmlize and org-preview-latex-fragment
@ 2012-03-27  9:57     ` Uwe Brauer
From: Uwe Brauer @ 2012-03-27  9:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

>> On Mon, 26 Mar 2012 07:31:19 -0400, Eric Schulte
>> <eric.schulte@gmx.com> wrote:

   > Uwe Brauer <oub@mat.ucm.es> writes:
   >>

   > This functionality certainly used to work (and was one of my main
   > reasons for using org-mime-htmlize).  There is a new error in the
   > `org-export-string' function when `org-export-with-LaTeX-fragments' is
   > set to "dvipng" which is causing export to fail.  To exercise this bug
   > run the following elisp snippet.

   >   (let ((org-export-with-LaTeX-fragments "dvipng"))
   >     (org-export-string "A fraction $\\frac{1}{2}$." 'html "/tmp/"))

   > Which throws the following error.

   >   org-format-latex: Unknown conversion type nil for latex fragments

   > Once this bug is fixed the use of LaTeX to generated inline images with
   > Org-mime should work once again.

I confirm this error for Xemacs 21.5.31. Is this bug already
being reported and registered?

Thanks

Uwe

* Re: org-mime-htmlize and org-preview-latex-fragment
@ 2012-03-27 10:22     ` Bastien
From: Bastien @ 2012-03-27 10:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Eric Schulte; +Cc: Uwe Brauer, emacs-orgmode

Eric Schulte <eric.schulte@gmx.com> writes:

>> I am very confused the code in question contains a line of
>> the sort:
>> 	 (org-export-with-LaTeX-fragments "dvipng")

Me too.  This should be

  (org-export-with-LaTeX-fragments 'dvipng)

Fixed.

Please confirm the original issue is fixed.

Best,

--
 Bastien

* Re: org-mime-htmlize and org-preview-latex-fragment
@ 2012-03-27 10:34       ` Uwe Brauer
From: Uwe Brauer @ 2012-03-27 10:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

>> On Tue, 27 Mar 2012 12:22:53 +0200, Bastien <bzg@gnu.org> wrote:

   > Eric Schulte <eric.schulte@gmx.com> writes:
>> I am very confused the code in question contains a line of
>> the sort:
>> 	 (org-export-with-LaTeX-fragments "dvipng")

   > Me too.  This should be

   >   (org-export-with-LaTeX-fragments 'dvipng)

   > Fixed.

   > Please confirm the original issue is fixed.
I confirm this for Xemacs 21.5.31 (Mule)

Thanks

Uwe

* Re: org-mime-htmlize and org-preview-latex-fragment
@ 2012-03-27 10:39       ` Eric Schulte
From: Eric Schulte @ 2012-03-27 10:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Bastien; +Cc: Uwe Brauer, emacs-orgmode

Bastien <bzg@gnu.org> writes:

> Eric Schulte <eric.schulte@gmx.com> writes:
>
>>> I am very confused the code in question contains a line of
>>> the sort:
>>> 	 (org-export-with-LaTeX-fragments "dvipng")
>
> Me too.  This should be
>
>   (org-export-with-LaTeX-fragments 'dvipng)
>
> Fixed.
>
> Please confirm the original issue is fixed.
>
> Best,

Confirmed, I can once again send inline LaTeX fragments in email.

Thanks for taking care of this.

--
Eric Schulte
http://cs.unm.edu/~eschulte/