* org-mobile: new edit nodes for new heading, delete, refile and archive
@ 2012-03-21 12:11 Henning Weiss
From: Henning Weiss @ 2012-03-21 12:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

I have tried to extend org-mobile with four new edit nodes. One to add new
headings, one for deletion of headings, one for refiling and one for
archiving nodes. Having those in orgmode would allow mobileorg-android (and
mobileorg) to be extended to allow a wider range of operations. The
addition of new headings is already implemented in mobileorg-android and
they seem to work properly.

The current version of this patch is in my github
repository<https://github.com/hdweiss/org-mode/compare/editnode>.
As I don't have a lot of experience with lisp I would appreciate if someone
could give me a little feedback. I still need to write a function that
compares two nodes (with their subtrees) against each other. This will
ensure that the edit nodes are applied to the correct nodes.

Any feedback would be appreciated.

Henning

* Re: org-mobile: new edit nodes for new heading, delete, refile and archive
@ 2012-03-27 22:19 ` Bastien
From: Bastien @ 2012-03-27 22:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Henning Weiss; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hi Henning,

Henning Weiss <hdweiss@gmail.com> writes:

> I have tried to extend org-mobile with four new edit nodes. One to add new
> headings, one for deletion of headings, one for refiling and one for
> archiving nodes. Having those in orgmode would allow mobileorg-android (and
> mobileorg) to be extended to allow a wider range of operations. The
> addition of new headings is already implemented in mobileorg-android and
> they seem to work properly.
>
> The current version of this patch is in my github
> repository<https://github.com/hdweiss/org-mode/compare/editnode>.
> As I don't have a lot of experience with lisp I would appreciate if someone
> could give me a little feedback. I still need to write a function that
> compares two nodes (with their subtrees) against each other. This will
> ensure that the edit nodes are applied to the correct nodes.

Can you post your patch to the list, along with a commit message as
described here http://orgmode.org/worg/org-contribute.html ?

We rely on patchwork* which catches patches.  This help us maintain
Org.

Thanks in advance!

* http://patchwork.newartisans.com/project/org-mode/list/

--