* Bug: Can't edit example blocks [7.9.2 (release_7.9.2-781-g5de94e @ /home/bernt/git/org-mode/lisp/)]
@ 2012-12-25 22:12 Bernt Hansen
From: Bernt Hansen @ 2012-12-25 22:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

The following source blocks refer to http://doc.norang.ca/org-mode.org

org-mode.org line 1553

#+begin_example
Default Task
[d] norang          Organization                          <-- Task B
The task interrupted by starting the last one
[i] norang          Organization                          <-- Task B
Current Clocking Task
[c] org             NEXT Document my use of org-mode      <-- Task A
Recent Tasks
[1] org             NEXT Document my use of org-mode      <-- Task A
[2] norang          Organization                          <-- Task B
[Z] org             DONE Fix default section links        <-- 35 clock task entries ago
#+end_example

C-c ' in the example block gives

#+begin_example
Debugger entered--Lisp error: (error "No special environment to edit here")
  signal(error ("No special environment to edit here"))
  user-error("No special environment to edit here")
  org-edit-special()
  call-interactively(org-edit-special nil nil)
#+end_example

This used to work in previous org versions

Usecase: I find it convenient to edit in a separate buffer, select
         everything with C-x h, cut it and replace it than working on
         the data in the example block.  When example blocks are
         indented in list entries org-edit-special automatically
         indents the contents inside the indented #+begin_example
         ... #+end_example lines already properly indented for the
         list.

Emacs  : GNU Emacs 23.2.1 (i486-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 2.20.0)
 of 2010-12-11 on raven, modified by Debian
Package: Org-mode version 7.9.2 (release_7.9.2-781-g5de94e @ /home/bernt/git/org-mode/lisp/)

* Re: Bug: Can't edit example blocks [7.9.2 (release_7.9.2-781-g5de94e @ /home/bernt/git/org-mode/lisp/)]
@ 2012-12-29 10:21 ` Bastien
From: Bastien @ 2012-12-29 10:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Bernt Hansen; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hi Bernt,

Bernt Hansen <bernt@norang.ca> writes:

> The following source blocks refer to http://doc.norang.ca/org-mode.org
>
> org-mode.org line 1553
>
> #+begin_example
> Default Task
> [d] norang          Organization                          <-- Task B
> The task interrupted by starting the last one
> [i] norang          Organization                          <-- Task B
> Current Clocking Task
> [c] org             NEXT Document my use of org-mode      <-- Task A
> Recent Tasks
> [1] org             NEXT Document my use of org-mode      <-- Task A
> [2] norang          Organization                          <-- Task B
> [Z] org             DONE Fix default section links        <-- 35 clock task entries ago
> #+end_example
>
> C-c ' in the example block gives

This has been fixed recently -- please have another try from
a fresh git pull.

Thanks!

--
 Bastien

* Re: Bug: Can't edit example blocks [7.9.2 (release_7.9.2-781-g5de94e @ /home/bernt/git/org-mode/lisp/)]
@ 2012-12-30 20:20   ` Bernt Hansen
From: Bernt Hansen @ 2012-12-30 20:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Bastien; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Bastien <bzg@altern.org> writes:

> Hi Bernt,
>
> Bernt Hansen <bernt@norang.ca> writes:
>
>> The following source blocks refer to http://doc.norang.ca/org-mode.org
>>
>> org-mode.org line 1553
>>
>> #+begin_example
>> Default Task
>> [d] norang          Organization                          <-- Task B
>> The task interrupted by starting the last one
>> [i] norang          Organization                          <-- Task B
>> Current Clocking Task
>> [c] org             NEXT Document my use of org-mode      <-- Task A
>> Recent Tasks
>> [1] org             NEXT Document my use of org-mode      <-- Task A
>> [2] norang          Organization                          <-- Task B
>> [Z] org             DONE Fix default section links        <-- 35 clock task entries ago
>> #+end_example
>>
>> C-c ' in the example block gives
>
> This has been fixed recently -- please have another try from
> a fresh git pull.

This works again.  Thanks!

Bernt