Hi Tassilo, Tassilo Horn writes: > Bastien writes: > >>> I have seven agenda files, all not too big (~10K on average), and I >>> use an averagely performant computer (5 years old dual core laptop). >>> For me, the difference between `org-agenda-inhibit-startup' set to t >>> or nil is not noticable at all. In both cases, it's less than a >>> second, and that's a time I can easily live with. >> >> It really depends on what your agenda views are. >> >> The real test is this: create a 50K file with folded one headline and >> many second level TODO entries. > > Ok, the testfile looks like > > * The folded top-level headline > > ** TODO Some test todo headline 0 > > - also some contents > > ** TODO Some test todo headline 1 > > - also some contents > > and has 2000 such subheadlines. File size is 127K. > `org-startup-folded' is t. That's not a very good test file, because you just need to unfold the main headline to get all headlines visible. I tested with a test.org file using this structure: * Test ** TODO Test *** Test repeated 10k times. Then run emacs -Q -l ~/test.el with the attached test.el file, I get sensible results here. I don't think it varies depending on the Emacs 23 vs 24 version, but I believe we are using the same. PS: I will revert `org-agenda-inhibit-startup' to nil as a default and will explain why in another mail.