* [BUG] org-clock-in menu scrolls off the top of the window
@ 2013-04-07 18:40 Bernt Hansen
From: Bernt Hansen @ 2013-04-07 18:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Bastien; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hi Bastien,

Another change I've noticed in master is the display of the clocking
task menu when doing

C-u M-x org-clock-in

I've reduced my clocking menu items a bit due to screen size changes and
not being able to see the items that scroll off the top of the screen
(normally the most recent items are the ones I'm looking for but on
small screens the menu scrolls up and I can't see the recent items).

My current setting is (setq org-clock-history-length 23)

My menu for clock-in tasks currently runs 1-9,A-N and starts with the
"Current Clocking Task" on line 1.  I have a widescreen monitor in
windows and the bottom half of the menu is blank when the screen splits
horizontally to display the clock in menu -- it seems to be centered
near the last item in the list but this scrolls the default and
interrupted clocking task entries off the top of the screen.

There is no way to scroll this menu that I am aware of.

The buffer *Clock Task Select* has

,----
| Default Task
| [d] Organize        Organization
| The task interrupted by starting the last one
| [i] Organize        Organization
| Current Clocking Task
| [c] SomeProject     TODO SomeTask
| Recent Tasks
| [1] SomeProject     TODO SomeTask
| [2] Organize        Organization
| [3] refile          TODO foo
| [N] refile          SomeOtherRefileTask
`----

but it scrolls with C-u M-x org-clock-in so it looks like this

,----
| Current Clocking Task
| [c] SomeProject     TODO SomeTask
| Recent Tasks