* Upgrading to the new exporter; documenting my experience
@ 2013-05-11 19:39 George Jones
From: George Jones @ 2013-05-11 19:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

FWIW, I've documented my steps towards updating to the new exporter

https://github.com/eludom/HOWTO/blob/master/newOrgModeExporter/upgradingToTheNewOrgModeExporter.txt

I was putting it off until I had a little time to work through it.
Hopefully, this will help others in the same holding pattern.

There's and org version there as well with babel  version there that will
do pretty much everything if you let it,
from testing the emacs and org versions to cloning the repo to apt-getting
the stuff needed for latex on Ubuntu.
Github messes up the formatting of that version, but it should work if you
download it.

I'm not completely moving over yet.  Gotta get the ox-bibtex stuff working
(export citations and bibliography
to .html and .tex).   Nicolas sent me a test version, and it works for
tex/pdf, but has a few issues with HTML.

It's getting (gitting ?) there.

---George Jones

**
**

* Re: Upgrading to the new exporter; documenting my experience
@ 2013-05-12 16:30 ` Nicolas Goaziou
From: Nicolas Goaziou @ 2013-05-12 16:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gmj; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hello,

George Jones <eludom@gmail.com> writes:

> FWIW, I've documented my steps towards updating to the new exporter
>

> https://github.com/eludom/HOWTO/blob/master/newOrgModeExporter/upgradingToTheNewOrgModeExporter.txt

From your document:

             7.2 Thing I might not understand in the new exporter

             7.2.1 TODO Understand what happened to #+TEXT in the new exporter?

               How do you specify text that is to be before the first section?

Easy: just write it before the first section.

             7.2.2 TODO Understand the template categories for export ?

               I want to insert a default set of headers, I typed
               ,----
               | CTRL-C CTRL-E #
               `----
               and it asks me for a "Options Category?"  What's that?  "?" does not
               list options.

Try TAB for a completion list. It expects an export back-end or
"default". If you provide a back-end, it will only insert options
specific to it.

Nicolas Goaziou