From: Kevin Brubeck Unhammer <unhammer@fsfe.org>
To: emacs-orgmode@gnu.org
Subject: how to turn off UID-creation for non-exported ical items?
Date: Thu, 30 Oct 2014 12:22:30 +0100	[thread overview]

Before upgrading to Emacs 24.4, I used org-caldav to sync my agenda with
OwnCloud. This of course requires stable UID's on the exported items, so
I have

    (setq org-icalendar-store-UID t)

Items which are not exported don't need UID's, and didn't seem to get
them before. But after upgrading, suddenly all my org entries get UID's,
which is very annoying. Is there a way to avoid UID's on non-exported
items?

I figured maybe org-icalendar-create-uid could check if
(org-element-property :deadline entry) or (org-element-property
:scheduled entry), but then I noticed there's no property for entries
such as

** Thing happens
   <2014-10-10 fr. 20:00>

so maybe to be sure only to-be-exported items get UID's, the creation
has to happen in org-export-data (after
org-export--populate-ignore-list), but at that point I'm not sure the
org-file can be safely altered. Does anyone have an idea how to fix
this?

--
Kevin Brubeck Unhammer

GPG: 0x766AC60C