On Sunday, 15 Jan 2017 at 13:55, Stig Brautaset wrote: [...] > Just to say that I too experience the same. I'm convinced it started > happening since I upgraded to Org 9 (but I also started using Org's > Agenda more around the same time, I think). My versions: [...] > I can go a few days without encountering it, but then it will suddenly > hit. I have a feeling that it's triggered by refiling, or closing > TODOs towards the end of the file. My agenda file is big, but not For me, it does not happen with the agenda but when editing documents (in org). I can find no predictability to the hangs, however. Some days it happens more than once but I can also go many days without it happening. Emacs does not get completely hung in that it attempts to respond to C-g (visual-bell indication happens). The cache may be involved. I do tend to have quite long and complicated documents (full journal papers or a whole semester's set of slides for one of my courses) with lots of babel src blocks, tables, inline tasks, ... Anyway, not a deal breaker! -- : Eric S Fraga (0xFFFCF67D), Emacs 26.0.50.1, Org release_9.0.3-201-ga51c6f