On Friday, 27 Jan 2017 at 16:55, Jude DaShiell wrote: > Interesting, I put a vertical on a line to start an org-mode table and [...] > followed by hyphen followed by tab. I got onto line 4 in column 3 but > line one acquired all of the verticals from line 2 in addition to what it > already had. There's no question there? What you got is what is expected as you defined a table as soon as you put a | at the start of a line and on subsequent lines and a table has all rows with the same number of columns. -- : Eric S Fraga (0xFFFCF67D), Emacs 26.0.50.1, Org release_9.0.3-241-gc3d67b