* bug#24791: org-todo-yesterday behaves like plain org-todo (incorrect timestamp)
       [not found] <609c94f4-8b0f-02b7-d467-3651c3c3fe59@gmx.de>
@ 2017-12-01 21:53 ` Nicolas Goaziou
From: Nicolas Goaziou @ 2017-12-01 21:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jan Böhm; +Cc: 24791

Hello,

Jan Böhm <schmuufanpost@gmx.de> writes:

> Symptoms: both org-todo-yesterday and org-agenda-todo-yesterday behave
> just like normally setting todo state to "DONE" with org-todo.
> Specifically, the timestamp
> added in the log takes the current time instead of 23:59 of the previous
> day, as would be expected.
>
> Replicate behaviour:
> start emacs -Q
> set org-log-done to "time"
> visit new file and switch to org mode
> create TODO headline and set TODO state to "DONE" by calling
> "org-todo-yesterday"
> ⇒ todo state is set to DONE correctly, but the timestamp inserted in
> the log drawer is the current time.

I cannot reproduce it in a recent Org release. Could you double-check
with a newer Org?

Thank you.

Nicolas Goaziou                                                0x80A93738

* bug#24791: bug#24791: org-todo-yesterday behaves like plain org-todo (incorrect timestamp)
@ 2017-12-02  4:00   ` Allen Li
From: Allen Li @ 2017-12-02  4:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Nicolas Goaziou; +Cc: 24791, Jan Böhm

On Fri, Dec 1, 2017 at 1:53 PM, Nicolas Goaziou <mail@nicolasgoaziou.fr> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Jan Böhm <schmuufanpost@gmx.de> writes:
>
>> Symptoms: both org-todo-yesterday and org-agenda-todo-yesterday behave
>> just like normally setting todo state to "DONE" with org-todo.
>> Specifically, the timestamp
>> added in the log takes the current time instead of 23:59 of the previous
>> day, as would be expected.
>>
>> Replicate behaviour:
>> start emacs -Q
>> set org-log-done to "time"
>> visit new file and switch to org mode
>> create TODO headline and set TODO state to "DONE" by calling
>> "org-todo-yesterday"
>> ⇒ todo state is set to DONE correctly, but the timestamp inserted in
>> the log drawer is the current time.
>
> I cannot reproduce it in a recent Org release. Could you double-check
> with a newer Org?

I am going to blindly wager that this is yet another bug caused by Org
mode's subtle timezone issues.

I can reproduce it (and crucially, I am not in the GMT time zone),
although the repro recipe produces a CLOSED timestamp and not a log
drawer timestamp.

* bug#24791: bug#24791: org-todo-yesterday behaves like plain org-todo (incorrect timestamp)
@ 2017-12-04 19:59     ` Nicolas Goaziou
From: Nicolas Goaziou @ 2017-12-04 19:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Allen Li; +Cc: 24791, Jan Böhm

Hello,

Allen Li <vianchielfaura@gmail.com> writes:

> On Fri, Dec 1, 2017 at 1:53 PM, Nicolas Goaziou <mail@nicolasgoaziou.fr> wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> Jan Böhm <schmuufanpost@gmx.de> writes:
>>
>>> Symptoms: both org-todo-yesterday and org-agenda-todo-yesterday behave
>>> just like normally setting todo state to "DONE" with org-todo.
>>> Specifically, the timestamp
>>> added in the log takes the current time instead of 23:59 of the previous
>>> day, as would be expected.
>>>
>>> Replicate behaviour:
>>> start emacs -Q
>>> set org-log-done to "time"
>>> visit new file and switch to org mode
>>> create TODO headline and set TODO state to "DONE" by calling
>>> "org-todo-yesterday"
>>> ⇒ todo state is set to DONE correctly, but the timestamp inserted in
>>> the log drawer is the current time.
>>
>> I cannot reproduce it in a recent Org release. Could you double-check
>> with a newer Org?
>
> I am going to blindly wager that this is yet another bug caused by Org
> mode's subtle timezone issues.
>
> I can reproduce it (and crucially, I am not in the GMT time zone),
> although the repro recipe produces a CLOSED timestamp and not a log
> drawer timestamp.

I removed timezone references from maint. Can you still reproduce the
issue?

@ 2017-12-04 20:12       ` Jan Böhm
From: Jan Böhm @ 2017-12-04 20:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 24791

Hi,

interestingly, it hasn't happend to me for a long time now – I assumed
that it had already been fixed. I tried again just now and I can no
longer reproduce it with Org 9.0.9. / Emacs 27.0.50.

Cheers,
Jan

@ 2017-12-08  0:51       ` Allen Li
From: Allen Li @ 2017-12-08  0:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Nicolas Goaziou; +Cc: 24791, Jan Böhm

On Mon, Dec 4, 2017 at 11:59 AM, Nicolas Goaziou <mail@nicolasgoaziou.fr> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Allen Li <vianchielfaura@gmail.com> writes:
>
>> On Fri, Dec 1, 2017 at 1:53 PM, Nicolas Goaziou <mail@nicolasgoaziou.fr> wrote:

>>> I cannot reproduce it in a recent Org release. Could you double-check
>>> with a newer Org?
>>
>> I am going to blindly wager that this is yet another bug caused by Org
>> mode's subtle timezone issues.
>>
>> I can reproduce it (and crucially, I am not in the GMT time zone),
>> although the repro recipe produces a CLOSED timestamp and not a log
>> drawer timestamp.
>
> I removed timezone references from maint. Can you still reproduce the
> issue?

I can confirm that it's fixed on 9.1.4 (org-plus-contrib-20171205)

* bug#24791: bug#24791: org-todo-yesterday behaves like plain org-todo (incorrect timestamp)
@ 2017-12-29 11:44         ` Nicolas Goaziou
From: Nicolas Goaziou @ 2017-12-29 11:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Allen Li; +Cc: 24791-done, Jan Böhm

Hello,

Allen Li <vianchielfaura@gmail.com> writes:

> I can confirm that it's fixed on 9.1.4 (org-plus-contrib-20171205)

I'm closing the report, then.