Kyle Meyer writes: > Nothing jumps out to me. For large files that are already visited, I > suppose find-file-noselect returning an existing buffer can be faster, > so relevant factors would include how many Org files a project has, how > large they are, and how many of those are visited in the current > session. My guess is that using with-temp-buffer and > insert-file-contents would be a net gain, though that gain would be > narrowed some if the temporary buffer was put into org-mode rather than > kept in fundamental-mode (more below). If you want to test a rather complex setup, you can try my website build: hg clone http://hg.sr.ht/~arnebab/draketo; cd draketo/; autoreconf -i; ./configure ; time make It takes around 3 minutes to build on my machine. (hg is Mercurial) Best wishes, Arne -- Unpolitisch sein heißt politisch sein ohne es zu merken