* How to avoid generating the Table of Contents when exporting to markdown?
@ 2021-01-30 22:18 Rodrigo Morales
                   ` (2 more replies)
From: Rodrigo Morales @ 2021-01-30 22:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

When answering questions in Emacs Stack Exchange, I usually write my answer
in Org Mode and then export it to Markdown so that I can copy it to the
answer textbox in Stack Exchange. For this reason, I don't need the
export to contain a Table of Contents because the Markdown content is
not big enough to require it.

For this reason, I don't want the Table of Contents to be included when
exporting.

--
Greetings,
Rodrigo Morales.

* Re: How to avoid generating the Table of Contents when exporting to markdown?
@ 2021-01-30 22:36 ` Tim Cross
From: Tim Cross @ 2021-01-30 22:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Rodrigo Morales <moralesrodrigo1100@gmail.com> writes:

> When answering questions in Emacs Stack Exchange, I usually write my answer
> in Org Mode and then export it to Markdown so that I can copy it to the
> answer textbox in Stack Exchange. For this reason, I don't need the
> export to contain a Table of Contents because the Markdown content is
> not big enough to require it.
>
> For this reason, I don't want the Table of Contents to be included when
> exporting.

You can try putting

in the header of your org file. This is covered in the 'Table of
Contents' sub-section of the Exporting section of the org manual.

--
Tim Cross

* Re: How to avoid generating the Table of Contents when exporting to markdown?
@ 2021-01-30 22:38 ` Diego Zamboni
From: Diego Zamboni @ 2021-01-30 22:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Rodrigo Morales; +Cc: Org-mode

You can disable export of the TOC by setting the toc option to nil, with a
line like this at the top of the file:

See https://orgmode.org/manual/Table-of-Contents.html

--Diego

@ 2021-01-30 23:14 ` Rodrigo Morales
From: Rodrigo Morales @ 2021-01-30 23:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Thanks for the help :)

After searching the information you mentioned in the Info manual of Org
Mode, I found information on the variable =org-export-with-toc= and have
included the following in my configuration.

#+begin_src elisp
(setq org-export-with-toc nil)
#+end_src

--