Hi Colin, > Nice work. For me, however, I’m still at a loss, although I confess I’ve > not kept up to-date with the org citation developments. > > 1. I don’t understand the relation between the new cite syntax and the old > org-mode . Perhaps there isn’t one. > > 2. How is an `org-link-abbrev-alist' related to a global and/or local > #+bibliography:? Even if I remove reference to my `org-link-abbrev-alist' > the org-export (to pdf) still does not find a different local bibliography > file. (I have org-cite-global-bibliography set to nil.) I think the confusion you have lies in the similarity between the link syntax and cite syntax — the new `[cite:@key]' citations are *not* links. Hopefully that makes them a this a bit clearer :) All the best, Timothy