* org-cite not mentioned in ORG-NEWS for 9.5
@ 2021-09-23 14:18 Kai von Fintel
From: Kai von Fintel @ 2021-09-23 14:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-org list

In a recent message there was a pointer to the etc/ORG-NEWS file located at

http://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/emacs/org-mode.git/tree/etc/ORG-NEWS

I take it that this includes the release notes in progress for the upcoming 9.5 release.

There is no mention of the new org-cite functionality in that file. Does this mean that org-cite will not be part of the 9.5 release?

-- Kai.

* Re: org-cite not mentioned in ORG-NEWS for 9.5
@ 2021-09-23 16:54 ` Bruce D'Arcus
From: Bruce D'Arcus @ 2021-09-23 16:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Kai von Fintel; +Cc: emacs-org list

Pretty sure it just means no documentation has yet been written for it.

@ 2021-09-25 13:56   ` Bastien
From: Bastien @ 2021-09-25 13:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Bruce D'Arcus; +Cc: Kai von Fintel, emacs-org list

Hi Bruce,

"Bruce D'Arcus" <bdarcus@gmail.com> writes:

> Pretty sure it just means no documentation has yet been written for
> it.

We can't release Org 9.5 until someone helps with writing a minimal
documentation for this important feature.

Any volunteer?

--
 Bastien

* Re: org-cite not mentioned in ORG-NEWS for 9.5
@ 2021-09-25 15:32     ` Nicolas Goaziou
From: Nicolas Goaziou @ 2021-09-25 15:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Bastien
  Cc: Kai von Fintel, emacs-org list, Emmanuel Charpentier,
	Bruce D'Arcus

Hello,

Bastien <bzg@gnu.org> writes:

> Hi Bruce,
>
> "Bruce D'Arcus" <bdarcus@gmail.com> writes:
>
>> Pretty sure it just means no documentation has yet been written for
>> it.
>
> We can't release Org 9.5 until someone helps with writing a minimal
> documentation for this important feature.
>
> Any volunteer?

Emmanuel Charpentier (Cc'ed) wrote some nice documentation for this
feature. He might want to chime in.

Nicolas Goaziou

* Re: org-cite not mentioned in ORG-NEWS for 9.5
@ 2021-09-26 13:19       ` Bastien
From: Bastien @ 2021-09-26 13:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Nicolas Goaziou
  Cc: Kai von Fintel, Bruce D'Arcus, Emmanuel Charpentier,
	emacs-org list, tecosaur

Hi Nicolas,

> Emmanuel Charpentier (Cc'ed) wrote some nice documentation for this
> feature. He might want to chime in.

that'd be great - thanks in advance Emmanuel!

I'm adding Timothy to the loop: since he's a native english speaker
and this documentation is a high priority, perhap he can start with
something in both etc/ORG-NEWS and doc/org-manual.org?

The documentation does not need to be exhaustive for Org 9.5, but
we need to have something the users can start with before we merge
Org 9.5 into Emacs master branch, hopefully releasing Org 9.5 with
Emacs 28.1.

Thanks everyone,

--
 Bastien

* Re: org-cite not mentioned in ORG-NEWS for 9.5
@ 2021-09-27 10:31         ` Bastien Guerry
From: Bastien Guerry @ 2021-09-27 10:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Nicolas Goaziou
  Cc: Kai von Fintel, emacs-org list, Emmanuel Charpentier,
	Bruce D'Arcus, tecosaur

Hi all,

Bastien <bzg@gnu.org> writes:

>> Emmanuel Charpentier (Cc'ed) wrote some nice documentation for this
>> feature. He might want to chime in.
>
> that'd be great - thanks in advance Emmanuel!

Just a quick heads up to mention that I created a new "Citations
handling" section in the manual, as a first start.  The content is
directly copied from the comment section of oc.el.

If anyone feels like enhancing this, please be my guest.

 Bastien

* Re: org-cite not mentioned in ORG-NEWS for 9.5
@ 2021-09-27 12:11           ` Bruce D'Arcus
From: Bruce D'Arcus @ 2021-09-27 12:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Bastien Guerry
  Cc: Kai von Fintel, Emmanuel Charpentier, emacs-org list,
	Nicolas Goaziou, Timothy

On Mon, Sep 27, 2021 at 6:31 AM Bastien Guerry <bzg@gnu.org> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Bastien <bzg@gnu.org> writes:
>
> >> Emmanuel Charpentier (Cc'ed) wrote some nice documentation for this
> >> feature. He might want to chime in.
> >
> > that'd be great - thanks in advance Emmanuel!
>
> Just a quick heads up to mention that I created a new "Citations
> handling" section in the manual, as a first start.  The content is
> directly copied from the comment section of oc.el.

I'd change "Citations handling" to "Citation handling".

> If anyone feels like enhancing this, please be my guest.

I'm a native english speaker, but don't have time ATM to figure out
org documentation standards and patching.

But I can review content, if that's helpful.

Bruce

* Re: org-cite not mentioned in ORG-NEWS for 9.5
@ 2021-09-27 12:35             ` Bastien
From: Bastien @ 2021-09-27 12:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Bruce D'Arcus
  Cc: Kai von Fintel, Emmanuel Charpentier, emacs-org list,
	Nicolas Goaziou, Timothy

Hi Bruce,

"Bruce D'Arcus" <bdarcus@gmail.com> writes:

> I'd change "Citations handling" to "Citation handling".

Done, thanks.

>> If anyone feels like enhancing this, please be my guest.
>
> I'm a native english speaker, but don't have time ATM to figure out
> org documentation standards and patching.
>
> But I can review content, if that's helpful.

I'm sure it will be very helpful (with only two eyes, all typos are
invisible) - thanks in advance!

--
 Bastien