Hi Bruce, > Primarily I am asking if there’s a way to load the processor as needed > without a user explicitly having to do so. This is actually a thought that occurred to me recently, and I’ve been considering bringing up on the ML. Thanks for mentioning this. A more sophisticated solution probably exists, but my thought was that if a cite export keyword like this is seen: ┌──── │ #+cite_export: FORMAT ... └──── and there is no known cite backend `FORMAT', then we could just try running ┌──── │ (require 'oc-FORMAT nil t) └──── before complaining that there’s no cite backend FORMAT loaded. This relies on consistent naming, but since that seems to hold pretty well so far and failure to load just results in the current behaviour, I’m inclined to think this would be a good change in terms of user experience. All the best, Timothy