* [please check] Add RET to go from overlay to edit buffer
@ 2022-05-18 21:01 Marco Wahl
From: Marco Wahl @ 2022-05-18 21:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Dear Orgers,

Just pushed the little feature "RET to go from overlay to edit buffer".

As always complaints and comments are welcome.

Ciao,
--
Marco

* Re: [please check] Add RET to go from overlay to edit buffer
@ 2022-05-19  3:57 ` Ihor Radchenko
From: Ihor Radchenko @ 2022-05-19  3:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Marco Wahl; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Marco Wahl <marcowahlsoft@gmail.com> writes:

> Dear Orgers,
>
> Just pushed the little feature "RET to go from overlay to edit buffer".
>
> As always complaints and comments are welcome.

Two comments:
1. It would make sense to mention the new key binding in NEWS
2. org-edit-src-goto <RET> binding is slightly confusing given the
   behaviour of C-c ' on a src-block being edited. C-c ' achieves the
   same, but queries a question to discard/not discard the edits.

Best,
Ihor

* Re: [please check] Add RET to go from overlay to edit buffer
@ 2022-05-19 10:11   ` Marco Wahl
From: Marco Wahl @ 2022-05-19 10:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ihor Radchenko; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hi Ihor!

> Marco Wahl <marcowahlsoft@gmail.com> writes:
>
>> Just pushed the little feature "RET to go from overlay to edit buffer".
>
> Two comments:
> 1. It would make sense to mention the new key binding in NEWS
> 2. org-edit-src-goto <RET> binding is slightly confusing given the
>    behaviour of C-c ' on a src-block being edited. C-c ' achieves the
>    same, but queries a question to discard/not discard the edits.

Gaa!  I missed the functionality of C-c ' when the overlay is in place.
And by customizing org-src-ask-before-returning-to-edit-buffer the
confusing (at least for me) question goes away.

I think C-c ' is the natural binding.  No need for another one AFAICT.

I'll revert the changes.  Sorry for the fuss.

Thank you.
--
Marco