* Reinstalling compat fixed everything breaking
@ 2022-09-14  0:26 William Denton
From: William Denton @ 2022-09-14  0:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Yesterday I pulled the current source trees for Org and Emacs and compiled as I
usually do ... and everything broke, with Org complaining about mixed versions,
and all kinds of warnings and backtraces and "Invalid function:
compat-declare-version" errors.

After looking at various things I noticed a couple of mild warnings related to
the package compat, which I'd seen for a while (several weeks, at least) but
never bothered about, because everything worked.  I thought maybe it was all
connected, what with the new version-checking and such, and indeed "M-x
package-reinstall compat" did the trick and now everything works.

In case someone else has the same problem I thought I'd mention this.

Cheers,

Bill

--
William Denton