Hi Rudolf, > Funny, I the exact opposite of you; I would pay many to see $…$th and > $…$-th special-cased (with tests, so that it would not break again). I feel the need to point out that this way lies madness. The behaviour of $ in Org is /inherrently/ confusing. You’re confused by `$...$th' and `$...$-th'. Say those were special-cased, somebody notices the work and then try `$n$-dimensional' and now are /even more confused/ when it doesn’t work. Ok, say we make `$...$' just apply in more cases, then we have somebody who writing about prices who changed `$3 or =$5' to `$3-$5' and now “weird things are happening”. The root issue is the way that `$' tries to pull double-duty as both a literal `$' and a delimiter. It’s all very well to say that “in LaTeX this is fine”, however in LaTeX this /simply is not an issue/* as single dollars must be escaped as `\$'. We can fiddle with the heuristics, but there is no perfect solution here … other than to move away from `$' and prioritise `\( ... \)' in our documentation and examples, even add a linter rule that raises warnings about the tendency of dollar-math to misbehave when people use it. All the best, Timothy * It’s still a pain/discouraged for other reasons. -- Timothy (‘tecosaur’/‘TEC’), Org mode contributor. Learn more about Org mode at . Support Org development at , or support my work at .