On 18 Jul 2023, Ihor Radchenko wrote: > Jonathan Gregory writes: > >>> I also checked what will happen with future versions, and it >>> looks like \version "2.24.1" actually means >=. >> >> That's good to know. >> >> I know version 2.20.0 works without the update, so perhaps we >> could set those variables conditionally, WDYT? >> >> \version "2.20" >> #(if (ly:get-option 'use-paper-size-for-page) >> (begin (ly:set-option 'use-paper-size-for-page #f) >> (ly:set-option 'tall-page-formats 'pdf))) > > I do not mind. But remember that we are talking just about an > example file. What you are suggesting appears to be closer to > what we might do in ob-lilypond itself, when calculating default > layout. That would be even better, I agree. Can you test my patch? Command-line options are normally added to `org-babel-lilypond-ly-command`, but since we're trying to set variables conditionally to accommodate different versions, I don't see how we can do this without using scheme. WDYT? > Side note: ob-lilypond even has > `org-babel-lilypond-toggle-midi-play' that plays sound > corresponding to the lilypond source. Pretty cool, especially in > the context of the discussion about non-textual output types in > babel. > https://list.orgmode.org/orgmode/87ttu95xst.fsf@localhost/ Sure, I'll think about adding a MIDI example as well. -- Jonathan