* dealing with a bibliography
@ 2007-07-13 13:53 François Lagarde
From: François Lagarde @ 2007-07-13 13:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hello,

Writing a draft of a article and handling bibliography and attached notes is
always difficult for me. Even if there is no perfect solution, I would like to
get feedbacks on how do people use org to deal with that.

Currently, my organisation is the following:

- I have a bibtex file.
- I have another file where are lectures/notes on *all* articles.

the structure is the following:
--8<------ myNotes.org
* article title
[[file:///location/to/the/pdf/article/][Abibtexkey]]
some notes
* another article title
[[file:///location/to/the/pdf/article/][AnotherBibtexkey]]
some notes
---

Now when i want to make a draft of a article, i create a new org file. And use
reftex to query/navigate my bibliography.bib

--8<----- myDraft.org
#+LINK: bib file:~/path/to/the/bibfile.bib::%s
#+LINK: note file:~/path/to/the/myNotes.org::%s
# \bibliography{biblio} to tell to reftex what is the bibliography file

related work [[note::Abibtexkey]]

---

now when I open the link I directly go the attached notes, and may easily open
the article.

To insert a reference, I use reftex and customized the citation format:

(defun my-org-mode-setup ()
 (when (and (buffer-file-name)
            (file-exists-p (buffer-file-name)))
  (load-library "reftex")
  (and (buffer-file-name)
        (file-exists-p (buffer-file-name))
        (reftex-parse-all))
   (reftex-set-cite-format
     '((?b . "[[bib::%l]]")
       (?n . "[[note::%l]]"))))
   (define-key org-mode-map "\C-c\C-g" 'reftex-citation)
)
(add-hook 'org-mode-hook 'my-org-mode-setup)

hoping that it may be helpful.

--
François

* Re: dealing with a bibliography
@ 2007-07-15  1:19 ` Bastien
From: Bastien @ 2007-07-15  1:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

francois.lagarde@cea.fr (François Lagarde) writes:

> Writing a draft of a article and handling bibliography and attached
> notes is always difficult for me. Even if there is no perfect solution,
> I would like to get feedbacks on how do people use org to deal with
> that.

This approach looks fine to me.  Do you have more specific requests?

I'm working on a LaTeX exporter for Org, so I will have to handle
citations at some point, and the way you treat them seems to be a
good start..

À bientôt,

--
Bastien

* Re: dealing with a bibliography
@ 2007-07-15  8:24   ` francois
From: francois @ 2007-07-15  8:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Bastien <bzg <at> altern.org> writes:

> I'm working on a LaTeX exporter for Org, so I will have to handle
> citations at some point, and the way you treat them seems to be a
> good start..

i am really interesting with your latex exporter..

> À bientôt,
how did you guess that I am French... my english?

* Re: Re: dealing with a bibliography
@ 2007-07-15  8:41     ` Bastien
From: Bastien @ 2007-07-15  8:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

francois <francois.temp1@bruit.gotdns.org> writes:

> Bastien <bzg <at> altern.org> writes:
>
>> I'm working on a LaTeX exporter for Org, so I will have to handle
>> citations at some point, and the way you treat them seems to be a
>> good start..
>
> i am really interesting with your latex exporter..

Coming soon on your screens!

> how did you guess that I am French... my english?

Er.. your name? :)

--
Bastien