Hello Carsten, I found myself wanting to run actions after I used the clock so I added hooks to the most commonly actions in regards to clocks. In case anyone is curious: I want to display the currently clocked in task in my statusbar, and so I write it to a file and have an inotify script update the statusbar on modification. I used to do this via defadvice, but hooks seem cleaner and maybe someone else wants to do something similar. Carsten, if you think that not everything deserves a hook I won't have any hard feelings if you don't apply it. :-) br, benny