Hi Tokuya, At Wed, 13 Jan 2010 01:35:59 +0900, Tokuya Kameshima wrote: > > Hi David, > > Thank you for the mail. I missed your proposal on the mailing list. > > As for "1.3 Link to thread", I think we can avoid the global level > implementation by the following modification: > > In the WL summary mode, you can toggle the thread open/close > status by pressing '/' key. If `org-wl-link-to-thread' is set to > t and the thread is *closed*, `org-wl-store-link' stores a link to > the thread. Otherwise, it stores a link to the message. > > The patch is below. > > [snip] > > I am not sure this is a good solution since this behavior seems a > little bit tricky for the users. But at least it avoids the global > setting problem. I'm not quite sure, either. My main concern is that under some circumstances Orgmode will store a link to a 'thread' filter folder even if the user does not intend to. And if I am the user I expect to have complete control over my computer. Using the 'folded' state of a thread gives control when storing a link to a message that is part of a thread but not if the message is *not* (yet) part of one. That is: A single message is a message in a threat that has exactly one message. Currently I am not sure anymore if storing a link to a thread is that important. Storing a regular link to a message that is part of the threat would be sufficient as opening the message in it's folder will also show the threat the message is part of. -- David -- OpenPGP... 0x99ADB83B5A4478E6 Jabber.... dmjena@jabber.org Email..... maus.david@gmail.com