I have 30+ TODO-keywords defined in some org-files. When using C-c C-t to alter state I got weird keys assigned. I suggest changing org-assign-fast-keys as attached patch describes. I was bold enough to remove the FIXME comment already there but if one has more than 70 keywords it can cause ugly keys again. But no one uses more than 70 keywords? I have tested it and, "it works for me". :-) Anyway, Carsten, feel free to use this patch in org-mode if you like it. Thanks for a great piece of software and community, cheers!