* org-contacts and column mode
@ 2011-03-10 14:05 George McNinch
From: George McNinch @ 2011-03-10 14:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

If I have a buffer visiting one of my org-contacts files, say contacts.org,

and if I have turned on "column mode" in the buffer visiting
contacts.org via org-columns ("C-x C-x C-c")

then, when trying to tab-complete in a *Message* buffer

To: George <tab>

in the event that George identifies an entry in the file contacts.org, I
get an error report in the minibuffer:

   Text is read-only: "Type `e' to edit property"

If I quit column mode in the appropriate buffer, then tab-completion
resumes working correctly.

--
George McNinch <gmcninch(at)gmail.com>
http://gmcninch.math.tufts.edu