* advice: how to export a list without exporting all entries
@ 2011-03-21  9:16 Eric S Fraga
From: Eric S Fraga @ 2011-03-21  9:16 UTC (permalink / raw)

I chair a particular committee at work and am responsible for keeping
track of any actions that arise from our meetings.  I use org for this
(obviously ;-).  So far, so good.

I would like to move to a system in which all the actions are numbered
sequentially.  At present, they are numbered sequentially within a list
for each meeting.  I would like to have a single list which grows over
time. However, when I distribute the minutes of the latest meeting, I
would like to only have those actions which are not yet complete listed
in the document I circulate.  The complication is that I want those
actions that have actually been done still in the list but not exported.

Is there any way to /comment/ out individual list items (whether bullet
or enumerated) on export?  I export typically to latex but this need not
be a constraint.  Simply putting [ ] versus [X] boxes on the items is not
satisfactory as the list would be very long if all items were included in
the export.

Is there some hook that I can intercept that would enable this?  Can I
encapsulate individual list items into latex macros with the status of
the [ ] or [X] boxes?  I am more than happy to write latex code as
required!  Or even, at a push, elisp code...

Thanks,
eric

--
: Eric S Fraga (GnuPG: 0xC89193D8FFFCF67D) in Emacs 24.0.50.1
: using Org-mode version 7.5 (release_7.5.91.g38c6b)