At Fri, 08 Apr 2011 12:58:06 -0400, Nick Dokos wrote: > > Carsten Dominik wrote: > > > Hi Nick, > > > > I have not looked closely, but maybe you can use > > > > > > (expand-file-name .... (file-name-directory filename)) > > > > to fix this patch? Not sure, I have not spent any time on it. > > > > Almost but not quite: C-h v expand-file-name says > > ,---- > | (expand-file-name NAME &optional DEFAULT-DIRECTORY) > | > | Convert filename NAME to absolute, and canonicalize it. > | Second arg DEFAULT-DIRECTORY is directory to start with if NAME is relative > | (does not start with slash or tilde); if DEFAULT-DIRECTORY is nil or missing, > | the current buffer's value of `default-directory' is used. > `---- > > so you end up tacking it onto a completely unrelated directory (and my > experiments confirm this). > > But there is a :base-directory for the project that could be obtained > from the project-plist and passed to expand-file-name. I think that > would work but would require passing the project-plist down through a couple > of layers to org-publish-cache-ctime-of-src. Alternatively, it (or just > the base directory) could be bound dynamically in org-publish-file and > used in the ctime function. > > What do you think would be preferable? Took some time, but attached patch fixes the problem w/o the need for passing down :base-directory at all. Simply expand-filename only if the symlink is relative; luckily the filename passed to this fun already is absolute. @Bastien: Didn't push because I assume you already started the release process for Org 7.6. Best, -- David -- OpenPGP... 0x99ADB83B5A4478E6 Jabber.... dmjena@jabber.org Email..... dmaus@ictsoc.de